Theatre: The Windmill Theatre, London
Performance: Revudeville 19th Year, 233rd Edition
Main Performers: Windmill Girls (Company ‘B’), George Martin
The Windmill Theatre (re-named The Windmill international in 1994), was a well-known theatre situated on Great Windmill Street in London, popular for the Review and Variety theatre performances. It was originally opened as a cinema in 1909 (Palais de Luxe) and was one of the first cinemas to show silent films however, due to the growth of larger cinemas in London, the cinema was forced to close. It wasn’t until 1930 that the building transformed into the Windmill Theatre. It was well known for its glamorous nudes on stage known as ‘The Windmill Girls’.
On the front and back covers there are photographs of legendary Windmill Girls. The internal pages are a mix of informative advertisements and programme of Windmill Girls and entertainers of the performance.
The programme consists of 8 pages including front and back cover. Approx. H 18cm x W 12cm.